Sea buckthorn is a shrub of medium size, which found application in various spheres of human activity - in ornamental horticulture (mainly as hedges) in the diet (fruit of the plant used as food), medicine (primarily assea buckthorn oil, which has a wide range of actions as wound healing and tonic).Many gardeners and farmers who have at their backyard (suburban) area is a tree, harvest berries in store - frozen, boil jam and stewed fruit, dried, cooked and drugs traditional medicine.This freeze will preserve the greatest amount of nutrients and minerals of sea buckthorn.And thus harvested berries are perfectly suited as a raw material for further preparation of various dishes.For example, a very popular frozen sea buckthorn compote, recipe of which will be discussed below.
Ingredients for compote of sea buckthorn:
- fruits of sea buckthorn - 1 kg;
- water - 3.5 liters;
- sugar (sand) - 500 grams;
- Lemon - half (acts as a clarifier and a moderate preservative, if assumed to blank compote of sea buckthorn for the future, rather than a one-time use, it is logical to use citric acid (one teaspoon without slides) to enhance the preservative properties).
process for preparing frozen sea buckthorn compote:
- buckthorn berries is required to freeze at room temperature and drain the excess liquid.
- Wash berries in a colander under running water pressure weak not to wash nutrients and do not damage the structure of the fruit.
- Arrange on paper towels and allow to dry for 30-60 minutes.
- Put berries in an enamel bowl, fill with sugar (approximately 250 grams) and let stand for the spirit of hours.
- water to put on a strong fire and waiting for boiling, add the remaining sugar.Dissolve it with constant stirring.Then make medium heat and bring the syrup to a boil.
- Pour berries with sugar in the cooking syrup, simmer for 10 minutes with occasional stirring.
- Bring the berries to a boil and add lemon, sliced (with the skin).
- Simmer for five minutes, then bring to a boil.
- Remove lemon slices compote.
- compote pour into sterilized jars (if you plan for the future harvesting) or leave in the pan.
- Cool cooked compote at room temperature.It is possible to improve saturation drink flavored wrap it in a warm (such as wool) fabric.
- Cool drink in the fridge, and you can bring to the table as a delicious and vitamin drink.
Use compote of sea buckthorn is especially useful in the off-season - in early spring and late autumn, as it allows you to successfully combat vitamin deficiency and hypovitaminosis.