is no coincidence that for domestic preparations used was red cabbage - its rich burgundy color and a pleasant aroma excite the appetite.In addition, red cabbage, unlike his cabbage "sister" a little stiff, and even after canning remains tender and crispy.Let's try to prepare pickled cabbage in winter!
- red cabbage - about 2-2.5 kg;
- salt - 70-80 grams;
- sugar - in an amount such that the salt;
- water marinade - 1 liter;
- vinegar (diluted with a 9%) - 4 tablespoons;
- spices - always take garlic (head), 5-6 bay leaves, black pepper and sweet peas, a little clove.
Step by step recipe
- red cabbage finely chop, put it in an enamel bowl and add 2-3 tablespoons of salt.Gently stir and leave for several hours, I began to stand out juice.If cabbage is very tough, it can trample her hands gently and place in the refrigerator overnight.Remember in this case to cover bowl with a lid!
- sterilized jars.At the bottom put the cloves of garlic and spices.The shredded cabbage
- densely spread out on the banks, pour the vinegar.
- Prepare the marinade - the hot water, add sugar and salt, bring to a boil and pour the liquid contents of the cans.
- Cover jars with lids and put them sterilized.For small half-liter jars for 15 minutes is sufficient heat treatment, packaging more time should be increased to 20-25 minutes.
- After sterilization banks close the lid, turn upside bottomed and in a position to wrap a towel.When the workpiece has cooled, it can be moved to storage in a dark cellar or pantry.
pickled cabbage served to the table without marinade, watering it with vegetable oil.Juicy crunchy cabbage would be a good addition to alcoholic beverages, and hot meat dishes.
When pickling cabbage, you can experiment with adding different spices.For lovers of spicy food is recommended for preservation in a jar add a pod of chili or a little grain mustard.You can also add chopped onion rings - the taste of cabbage spicy-sweet will.If cabbage is not stored for a long time, you can pour the marinade, along with a jar a few tablespoons of vegetable oil - the taste will be more intense.