If you have not tried an exotic product called feijoa, then meet with the guest from Brazil is subtropical.In Europe, the first time it was used only as an ornamental shrub.And only tasted the berries were able to evaluate not only their unusual taste (a mixture of strawberry, kiwi and pineapple), but also benefit.
How to make the right choice
in our shops feijoa appears with the onset of cold weather, somewhere near the end of autumn.It must be remembered that the sale comes a little immature fruit (ripe too fast port).To try the real taste of this fruit, you need to wait before eating a few days and let it ripen.
Worth buying feijoa only uniform green color without spots and dents.Quality fruits are transparent pulp.If the color is brown in the context of, the product is spoiled, white - the fruit immature.
body needs iodine, and you do not like sea kale?Eat feijoa
Lack of iodine in the body recorded more than 1.5 billion. Man on Earth.If the thyroid gland does not get iodine in sufficient qua
Besides that feijoa - a natural source of iodine, it has a low calorie content.Therefore, this fruit is actively used in dietetics.
list of useful substances contained in this unusual berry is great:
- almost all vitamins needed by the human body.Very high levels of vitamin C (strengthens the immune system);
- high content of pectin in the pulp and tannins in the skin (helps the digestive system);
- rich mineral composition;
- contains essential oils (the rind can be used for inhalation);
- antioxidants (in fresh peel) contribute to the rejuvenation of the body.
Do feijoa jam and stocks of nutrients for the whole year
Shelf life feijoa is very small.It is stored in the refrigerator no more than a week.To be constantly at hand a useful product can be cooked jam.
There are several ways of harvesting berries for future use:
- jam without cooking (maximum retains the beneficial properties).In a meat grinder to grind the flesh or in the blend, add sugar (1: 1).Not recommended in large quantities.Shelf life in the refrigerator - not more than 2.5 months.
- slices in syrup (can be used in baking).
- jam storage.Cover the pulp with sugar (1: 1) and let stand (25 minutes).Add a glass of water and juice of 1 lemon (you can grate the lemon zest to give citrus taste).Cook until thick foam at the maximum heat.Pour into sterile jars and roll.
- canned with honey.
this useful berries are used in salads, sauces and beverages, but only in the form of jam, this useful product will always be at your fingertips, while maintaining all useful properties.
only important to know the measure.Excessive use of even the most favorable for the organism is already causing damage to products and not favor.