Chicory has long been known for its healing properties.In its taste drink prepared on the basis of chicory coffee is very similar, which is known to have a wide range of contraindications.In particular, to completely abandon the use of coffee is highly recommended for people suffering from pancreatitis.That is why patients with this disease are concerned the question of whether it is possible to enrich your diet chicory and what impact this product will have on their bodies?Let's deal.
chemical composition of the product
Chicory - a real storehouse of nutrients.It comprises marked B vitamins, thiamin, protein substances, carotene, riboflavin, ascorbic acid, glycoside intubina, many important minerals, macro-and micronutrients.
chicory Benefits for patients with pancreatitis
It is logical that with such a chemical composition of the product has a positive effect on the human body.But what good is chicory for patients suffering from pancreatitis?
- Included in the chicory bitter substances stimulate the processes of production of gastric juice, which has a beneficial effect on digestion.The composition
- chicory root are marked pectin and polysaccharide inulin, which are among the dietary fiber, prebiotic.Dietary fibers maintain an optimal composition of intestinal microflora, prevent constipation by stimulating the peristaltic activity of the intestine.
- Chicory activates the functioning of the stomach, it promotes faster digestion and protects against this unpleasant disease, heartburn.
- If pancreatitis chicory root is used as a cholagogue.Thus, this product first dissolves stones present in the bile passages, and then helps to remove them from the body, taking them out of the pancreatic ducts.
- Use chicory will be an excellent prevention of diabetes often occurs as a complication of pancreatitis.Furthermore, chicory positively influences occurring in the body metabolic processes.
When the chicory is contraindicated for pancreatitis?
refuse inclusion in the diet chicory is necessary during the acute manifestations of pancreatitis.This is due to the fact that chicory, as already mentioned, has choleretic effect, and for inflammatory processes of the pancreas it is important to ensure a perfect rest.
Features drinking chicory
after 2 months after cessation of symptoms of acute pancreatitis can be included in the diet chicory drink.
advisable to start a beverage having a lower concentration of infused and water and milk.Thus, for its preparation must connect with 100 ml of boiling water and boiling milk and dissolved in the resulting liquid glass 1 h. L.chicory powder.If desired, and in the absence of contraindications (diabetes, for example), you can add a spoonful of sugar and a little honey.
Thus, chicory extremely useful for patients with pancreatitis, because it has a positive impact on the work of the gastrointestinal tract.But, despite all the undeniable merits, best before turning this product into your diet consult a specialist.