In modern life the most common complaint of many people is abdominal pain especially after eating.The reason - the wrong food.Snacks fast fudami, eating on the run, the lack of a full breakfast and lunch, overeating at night - the direct perpetrators of the gastrointestinal tract.Abdominal pain should not be allowed on the course.When it appears, it is necessary to visit a gastroenterologist, because by this symptom can hide a serious illness.
main causes of abdominal pain after eating
after meals as a result of irritation of the walls of the stomach with food is an allocation of hydrochloric acid, and the reduction of the stomach to digest food and push it further along the digestive tract.If for some reason these processes are disrupted, there may be pain in the abdomen.
If the gastric mucosa is damaged, because of the irritant effect of gastric juice can also hurt the stomach.
Heaviness in the stomach, burning sensation "in the stomach," begins after taking a heavy spicy food, insufficient flui
some people after taking dairy products starts to hurt the stomach.The main reason is lactose intolerance.Due to the intensive gas formation occurs bloating and as a result, there is pain.
major diseases that are accompanied by pain after meals:
- Because of exposure to infection, poor diet, taking certain drugs occurs inflammation of the stomach - gastritis.
- on mucosal inflammation due to constant exposure to irritants (food, gastric juice) can be formed badly damaged, that is, there is a stomach ulcer.
- polyps, tumors may cause narrowing of the transition from the stomach to the duodenum, of which may be after eating pain.
- esophageal stenosis and herniated cause nausea, vomiting and stomach pain after eating.
In addition, the stomach may be ill for other reasons.These include:
- constipation, diarrhea, colitis (inflammatory bowel disease);
- diseases of the urinary system;
- inflammation of the gallbladder (cholecystitis);
- inflammation of the pancreas (pancreatitis).
Sometimes abdominal pain unrelated to the pathology of the digestive system.This may be a sign:
- myocardial infarction;
- ketoacidosis - complications of diabetes;
Species abdominal pain
Abdominal pain may be different, both in the nature, strength and localization:
- strongest acute pain after eating can be a sign of a stomach ulcer, pancreatitis, acute gastritis.
- Burning pain may occur after eating spicy food for gastritis.
- Drawing pain - a manifestation of chronic gastritis and ulcers flow, of stomach cancer.
- pain under the "spoon" and placed under the ribs, the back may indicate diseases of the stomach.
- If pain around the navel or in the upper abdomen, it can be a sign of bowel inflammation.
- abdominal pain radiating to the right side - a sign of cholecystitis and gallstones.
- Girding, sharp, constant pain - a sign of pancreatitis.
steadily increasing abdominal pain - a very alarming signal.Sometimes under the guise of pain lurk dangerous and incurable diseases.So if you have a stomach ache after eating, you need to visit a doctor and get tested.