For four decades, the most serious epidemic foci caused by the Ebola virus, have been repeatedly observed in different African countries.Fever outbreaks were reported in England, the United States, on the territory of Filipino islands, and in 2014 stated fatal case in Europe.Today, the world does not have a reliable and certified vaccine, so it is particularly relevant preventive measures and timely correct diagnosis.
Preventive measures that prevent infection by Ebola
Activators of this dangerous disease can be in a natural environment (major foci are tropical forests in Africa, characterized by extreme humidity) and in laboratories that are engaged in the research findings.Since this infectious disease spreads fast enough for any minimal risk is to take care of the precautions.During a visit to exotic countries need to:
- strictly avoided communicating with a person suffering from diarrhea, complaining of a headache or fever;
- not too close contact with the local population, especially in poor provincial towns;
- not to get involved visit to the zoo, which contain primates, bats, porcupines, wild antelope or tufted.To attract customers, the owners of such establishments allow visitors too close contact with the students at the conventional hygienic norms;
- hitting a medical institution of the poorest countries in Africa, to ensure the sterility of the instrument;
- not to save on housing costs, as the most dangerous carriers of Ebola remains rodent populations.
is important to follow the rules of personal hygiene.The virus can enter the bloodstream only when human contact with infected secretions or blood through microtrauma on the skin and mucous membranes.
To protect the public from the spread of infection, when the first signs of hemorrhagic disease virus carrier and all the contactors must be isolated, to ensure the individual household and medical articles, which after use are subject to immediate destruction.It is believed that the quarantine period should last at least 21 days.
for health care workers, the staff there are research laboratories are equipped with special protective clothing and the appropriate algorithm for the system of security measures during contact with an infected person or with bacteriological material.
symptoms suggestive of fever
The exact number of people who have had Ebola is unknown, because of the population having the appropriate immune antibodies, the disease is mild.But in acute course of the disease is a risk of death, so it is important to pay attention to a set of symptoms that allow the right to appoint a set of remedial measures:
- sharp rise in temperature accompanied by paroxysmal headache;
- weakness, nausea;
- diarrhea with all the accompanying sensations, possible vomiting;
- apparent angina with marked dehydration;
- discomfort or pain in the muscle tissue.
in advanced form of the disease there is a painful cough, possible rash, deterioration of the kidneys and liver, bleeding gums or severe bleeding in the gastrointestinal tract.
If you find a set of similar symptoms, virologists are strongly advised to contact the hospital to prevent the development of hemorrhagic fever Ebola and promptly begin appropriate symptomatic treatment.