Blueberry - a tasty berry blue-black skin and purple contents, which have up to 40 small seeds.In the wild blueberry bushes usually grow in the northern regions, where there is a shortage of fruit.Therefore, in the Middle Ages the peasants of northern regions of Russia it was preserved berries using honey.Later (late 18th century) was discovered by a method of preserving sugar and honey jam to replace it "normal" that is today pleased to cook many housewives.
traditional recipe of blueberry jam
Before we talk about the benefits of this delicacy, you should learn how to cook it properly.So, in order to cook blueberry jam, 1 kg of berries will need 500 grams of blueberries.Then you need to:
- berries Pour cold water so that she covered them with a layer of 3-5 cm, as this debris and spoiled berries float and can be easily removed, carefully drain the water.
- blueberries washed a couple of times, and throws in a sieve.
- berries pour into a bowl for cooking jam, fill with sugar and leave for a couple of hours to highlight the juice (during which time they need to mix a few times).
- When the juice is highlighted, pelvis put on low heat and cook about half an hour, constantly removing the foam.
- Hot jam is poured into sterilized jars, cover with lid and place in a bowl of boiling water.
- sterilized for 10 minutes, and seamed cans are allowed to cool at room temperature.
Do the benefits of blueberry jam?
Blueberries fresh contain small amounts of fruit acids.But they have a lot of vitamins A and B, flavonoids and manganese.Furthermore, they are a good source of magnesium, ascorbic acid, calcium and other minerals.
With this composition blueberries, including its leaves and shoots, has long been used in medicine.In particular, it is known that decoctions and infusions of fresh leaves and shoots is recommended to use with the primary forms of diabetes, because due to the substances contained - neomirtillinu patients significantly reduced blood sugar levels.
Also, broth and jelly made from dried blueberries - is the perfect remedy for diarrhea and extract helps in treating many diseases of the eye, including the retinal detachment.
Many of the medicinal properties possessed by fresh blueberries, stored and blueberry jam, in particular, it is considered a "champion" for the content of carotene, vitamins C and PP, as well as B vitamins and tannins.Therefore, in folk medicine blueberry jam used as immunopovyshayuschee means, as well as to facilitate breathing and getting rid of dry cough.
In addition, blueberry jam in small amounts is recommended for regular use to people who recover from hepatitis, as well as diarrhea and problems of the cardiovascular system.
Meanwhile jam blueberries can not be abused people with diseases of the biliary tract and pancreas.