Under viral conjunctivitis is meant eye disease that occurs on the basis of infection and is characterized by redness of the conjunctiva, watery eyes and other symptoms.To identify methods for treating viral conjunctivitis, you should know its cause and nature of the course.
causes of viral conjunctivitis in adults
Viral conjunctivitis is caused by infection with viruses.Virus-related pathogens:
- herpes virus (herpes simplex, herpes zoster and cytomegalovirus);
- variola virus;
- molluscum contagiosum virus;
viral conjunctivitis most often occurs as a result of the adenoviruses.It spreads through airborne droplets or by a method of contact.Conjunctivitis may develop on contact with the sick person (runny nose, tears).The disease can occur with influenza, measles, rubella.
virus- conjunctivitis in adults
to viral conjunctivitis include adenvirusny, and epidemic hemorrhagic.
Viral conjunctivitis begins abruptly and is characterized by general intoxication of the body
In influenza viral conjunctivitis manifested swelling eyelids, the advent of barley, blepharitis, cold sores.There may be purulent, Bluetongue, filmy form of the disease.
for measles is characterized by catarrhal form of viral conjunctivitis, symptoms of which are:
- watery eyes;
- swelling of the conjunctiva;
- swollen eyelids;
- purulent discharge;
- rash on the eyelids.
This is a form of conjunctivitis is observed for rubella, but is mild and non-durable.
treatment of viral conjunctivitis in adults
Getting the treatment of viral conjunctivitis, it is necessary to take into account the complexity of the disease and the immune status of each patient individually.Typically, ointments and drops with antiviral and immunomodulating agents.
Before treatment is supposed to conduct a study of discharge from the conjunctival sac for the nature of the bacterial flora and the susceptibility of bacteria to antibiotics.
Local treatment of viral conjunctivitis in adults
treatment of the disease in adults is as follows.It:
- washing with antiseptic and disinfectant (these include furatsilin, potassium permanganate, boric acid);
- burying antiviral agents (one of them - the human leukocyte interferon);
- burying antibacterials (izvesny levomitsitin, oftalmoferon, sintomitsina, gentamicin, sulfatsil sodium, moxifloxacin, colloid silver);
- injection under the conjunctiva pyrogenal, DNase solution, gamma globulin influenza or measles, as well as interferon;
- laying ointments for eyelids (tetracycline, erythromycin, oxolinic, tebrofenovoy, riodoksola, acyclovir).
instillation for the treatment of viral conjunctivitis in adults perform frequently - up to 8 times a day, and the ointment applied at night.Blindfolded apply not recommended, as they are formed under favorable conditions for the propagation of infection.Besides accumulation occurs pathogenic precipitates irritating to the skin of eyelids, which may cause additional inflammation.
General treatment of viral conjunctivitis in adults
After receiving the results of bacteriological examination of patients prescribed drugs to which the bacteria detection sensitivity.General treatment of disease comprising the administration of gamma-globulin intramuscular.For internal use prescribed sulfadimezin, bonafton, Ascorutinum.