Shrubs pertaining to the family of dogwood, common in the Caucasus, the Crimea and some countries in Central Asia.The fruits of this plant have a pleasant sweet-sour taste.
Typically, dogwood berries are not used in fresh and used to make jams, jam, wine, liquor or marmalade.Jam made from dogwood - is not only extremely tasty, but also very useful delicacy.
Use cornel jam
Useful properties of dogwood known to man for a long time, and due to the content of the berries of organic acids, pectin, vitamins, sugar, magnesium, potassium, iron and calcium.Jam prepared on the basis of dogwood berries, retains much of these nutrients.Cornel jam can be used for both prophylactic and therapeutic purposes.
jam from the berries of dogwood helps with various skin diseases, arthritis, hemorrhoids, dysentery and anemia.In addition, the Cornelian Cherry Jam has antipyretic, anti-inflammatory, diuretic and choleretic effect, which makes it an indispensable tool for colds and problems with the gastrointestinal tract.
Dogwood beneficial effects on the liver and kidneys.This product is recommended to use for people who are prone to be overweight, as it accelerates the metabolic processes and displays the body of toxins, toxins and other harmful substances.
In folk medicine, the jam from the berries of dogwood is actively used for the prevention of diabetes, gout, rheumatism, arthritis, migraines, and dysbiosis.
Of particular relevance is the delicacy gains during the cold season, when it can be used both in pure form or as a filling for cakes, puffs and pies.Due to the unusual sweet-sour taste and color saturation Cornelian Cherry, the jam is perfect for cooking all sorts of homemade desserts.
Prepare Cornelian Cherry jam at home is quite simple:
- pluck the leaves, stems, and then iterate and thoroughly wash the berries, removing the desired bone.
- spread the fruits in a large container and evenly sprinkle them with sugar, add 1 kg of berries 1.5 kg of sugar.
- reserve resulting mass to let the juice for 6-8 hours.Juice is not very much, so before you start cooking, you must add 250-300 ml of water or house wine.
- We bring to a boil the resulting mass, then cook over low heat until thickened.
- sterilizing jars and spread the resulting jam.
- not recommended to use the jam immediately after cooking, as the berries do not have time to soak up the syrup evenly.
addition Cornelian Cherry, the jam can be prepared without the high temperature treatment on prescription so-called "five-minute".