Even the calm, measured and predictable life can suddenly change direction abruptly, when a person gets into an extreme situation, such as injuries and such terrible circumstances, as bleeding.
First aid for arterial bleeding
As you know, the most dangerous bleeding is considered to be blood.Blood loss occurs fairly rapidly, so if the victim did not provide timely first aid, which should be realized in just 2-3 minutes, arterial blood pressure drops and the person loses consciousness.If at this point the patient care will not be provided, he could immediately fall into a coma or die.
How to identify arterial bleeding from several types of blood loss?
Like others have arterial bleeding has features, which indicate the type of blood loss:
- color from the blood stream of bright red;
- stream of blood coming out of the damaged section of spouting rapid flow;
- same pulsation of the heart muscle and blood.
First aid for this type of bleeding is carried out in two stages - a strong grip of the damaged
How to pinch the damaged vessel?
first step is to squeeze as much as possible the damaged vessel to the bones with your fingers.That squeeze rather than to pin down!Clip temporal bleeding is carried out on the earlobe.With significant injuries of the head, face and neck carotid artery as much as possible is pressed to the spine.Clip femoral artery bleeding is carried out with their fists.If a strong bleeding of the lower limbs should pinch the container placed in the popliteal region, and then leg to bend as much as possible.
also important to know some of the nuances that you may have at the time of first aid.It:
- hold pulsating bleeding requires enormous physical strength, so for a long time to keep the blood flow is simply impossible;
- while one person holds the artery, the other is to as quickly as possible to find a tourniquet, cotton wool or medical wipes to avoid delay and as soon as possible to begin the second phase of the first aid.
dressing requires some attention.Moreover, it is necessary to apply quickly to the blood stream did not have time to go again.
Thus, the process of tourniquet as follows:
- damaged artery need to wrap in several layers of cheesecloth, then slowly lift the damaged area;
- smooth movements stretch harness and gently wrap it around the patient area 3-4 times;
- tourniquet should be tight, but be sure to see to it that it does not damage squeezed;
- after the imposition of the ends of the harness fastened on the opposite side of the wound.
important to note that if a tourniquet on the upper limbs, he should be placed on top of the shoulder;for bleeding of the lower limbs - on her hip;at the front of the neck or under the wound dressing is necessary to put a layer of cotton wool to the patient's asthma is not tortured.
few rules proper tourniquet:
- sure to remember that the tow requires the imposition of only serious wounds.Minor bleeding or slight damage to the artery can be quickly stopped by a medical bandage and cotton;
- tourniquet can not be imposed for long.In the summer, keep it on the wound can be no more than an hour in winter - no more than half an hour;
- if you do not have a medical tourniquet and bandage the wound is necessary, you can use any means at hand.This belt, thick cloth, rope, and so on.
Proper tourniquet will help to stop bleeding fast.After bandaging the patient it is necessary to take to the hospital, that he had a full medical care.
is also worth noting that if in case of arterial bleeding is not broken, then stop the blood loss can be damaged by bending the limbs, which is fixed with a bandage or a headscarf.