Nosebleeds (the scientific name for this phenomenon - epistaxis) is considered to be non-hazardous for life.This is partly true - the bleeding itself rarely causes sickness, but at the same time can be a sign of dangerous diseases.
If nasal bleeding blood flows freely from the nasal cavity to the outside, sometimes it can flow from the nasopharynx into the mouth and then into the esophagus.Once in the stomach, blood can cause nausea or vomiting.
Nosebleeds can be of two types:
- Front - the source of bleeding is directly into the nasal cavity.Epistaxis in this case is different non-intensive character, first-aid stops bleeding quickly and a person does not experience any unpleasant symptoms.
- Rear - source can be located in the deepest parts of the nasal cavity, where the large blood vessels.Because of the intensity of their own to stop the bleeding is very difficult, therefore, need expert help.
reasons for nosebleeds
Epistaxis may be due to several reasons, such as common
- Pathology of the cardiovascular system (hypertension, abnormal blood vessels, accompanied by an increase in blood pressure in the vessels of the head and neck).
- Diseases of the blood system, including the violation of its clotting, lowered hemoglobin.
- Hormonal disruptions (not by chance the first time nosebleeds occur either during puberty or during pregnancy).
- Barotrauma.It occurs due to the pressure difference in the human body and the environment.Barotrauma typical for divers, divers, climbers, pilots, miners.
- Increased body temperature during cold-related diseases, as well as due to overheating in the sun, in the bath or sauna.
- Alcoholism.Ethyl alcohol when ingested causes blood vessels to expand strongly, because of what they burst.
also nosebleeds are often the result of local pathological processes.These include:
- injuries and surgeries on the nose (septum correction, removal of polyps);
- getting into the nasal passages of a foreign object;
- chronic or acute diseases of the mucous membrane of the nose - rhinitis, sinusitis, etmoidit;
- various tumors of the nasal cavity - benign (granuloma, angioma) or malignant.
If nosebleeds are often disturbed, then you should definitely consult a doctor otolaryngologist.Only ENT can assign effective diagnosis and accurately determine the cause of the phenomenon, and then seeking treatment for identified diseases of the nasal cavity.
Nosebleeds person caught unawares, sometimes frightening, and knocking out of a rut.No need to panic - clear action to help stop the bleeding and get back in the rhythm of life.
If a person suddenly started bleeding from the nose, then it should be put, or put on a high pillow.It is not necessary to throw back his head back, lean forward slightly better.Scarves and fingers must be carefully pressed the wings of the nose to the partition, and in this state to sit for 5 minutes.If the bleeding is caused by sunstroke, the victim need to ensure a flow of oxygen (for example, open a window), to release the neck and chest by a compressive garment.
If the hand was the gauze, then you need to make it a long tight wad, then moisten it with cold water or hydrogen peroxide.Gently turunda enter into the nasal cavity, to wait 3-5 minutes and then carefully remove the gauze.Simultaneously, the nose or the forehead can put a hot water bottle with ice or a cold compress.This will cause the narrowing of blood vessels and stop bleeding faster.
In no case can not be instilled into the nose drops or nasal sprays to use - they can thicken the blood, or to get into the auditory passages, which can lead to otitis.If nosebleeds stop on their own can not be over 15-25 minutes, you should call an ambulance.