Marinated tomatoes in Russia are one of the most popular pieces on an industrial scale, and for personal use.There are many recipes for pickling, in which the same is to add vinegar and spices.The following will be presented to one of the classic recipes for marinating tomatoes with garlic and dill.
Ingredients for marinating tomatoes with garlic and dill:
- tomatoes - 700 grams (based on one-liter jar, you need to choose ripe fruit with a thick skin without damage, it is desirable to give preference to small and medium-sized tomatoes size);
- garlic - one head of medium size;
- salt - one teaspoon;
- sugar - one teaspoon;
- dill - five branches with umbrellas;
- water - 500 ml;
- vinegar (a 9%) - 100 ml.
method of marinating tomatoes with garlic and dill:
- Tomatoes washed thoroughly under cold running water, and then laid out in a single layer on a flat surface to dry them from excess moisture.Garlic is cleaned and cut into large chunks.Dill wash.
- One sprig of dill is laid on the bottom of a glass sterilized jars.Also in the bank poured half the chopped garlic.Further, the bank laid tomatoes.
- Water is poured into a metal enamel pot, add salt, sugar, remaining garlic and dill.All mixed and put on a strong fire.Bring to the boil, cover with a lid and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.Then, vinegar was added and again heated to boiling.
- Hot pour the marinade and tomatoes in the bank roll tin cans sterilized lids.
- Banks put upside down and left to cool at room temperature.When banks have cooled, they are removed for permanent storage in a cool place, inaccessible to UV.
- Fully marinating process is over in two weeks.Then tomatoes ready to be served.
This dish goes well with most of the side dishes (especially potatoes) and is suitable for meat and fish dishes.It is worth noting that this dish is not only high taste performance, but also have a beneficial effect on the cardiovascular system of the person.However, it is contra - not recommended to use fresh and marinated tomatoes in cholelithiasis.