Did you know that there are more than 40,000 different varieties of rice?They all differ in taste and color.Rice is included in the diet of almost every culture on the planet.For more than half of the world rice - the staple food.For example, in Asia, and seventy percent of the energy the population, numbering more than two billion people are prepared from rice.
Compared with other countries, rice was introduced by Russia not so long ago - about 200-300 years ago.In northern latitudes, the country has become a popular growing varieties of rice Round, from which a long time to prepare delicious meals, soups and risotto .
Brown rice contains a large amount of protein, fat and calories than white.However, brown rice is more useful, since it is concentrated a significant amount of thiamin, niacin, vitamin B6, magnesium, phosphorus and manganese.However, the cook brown rice twice longer white.If grade white rice cooked usually 20-30 minutes, Brown need to cook for 1.5 hours.To save tim
e, to prepare a double portion of brown rice and heat it in a microwave oven when it is needed.
recent study by scientists, which was attended by 197,000 participants for 22 years, found that those who ate refined white rice have a higher risk of developing Type II diabetes, while at thethose who ate brown rice had lower risk of the disease.
Besides white and brown, there are several other choices of rice, which are very useful for your body.Tear off your habits, try something new!
- Long grain white rice has a long, thin core.When cooking beans become crumbly, light and fluffy.
- Middle white rice has a shorter core, which becomes soft when cooked, does not disintegrate, unlike the previous one.
- Brown rice elongated shape, slightly sticky texture.Rich in vitamins and minerals.
- Red rice has a honey-red tint.Requires a minimum of processing, it has a nutty flavor.
- Basmati - fragrant rice variety.The scent is similar to the smell of popcorn or roasted nuts.Cooked rice grains swell, become crumbly and fluffy.
- Black Japanese rice - aromatic.Also requires a minimum of processing.Slightly sweet.
- Jasmine - rice variety with long grains.How basmati, tastes similar to popcorn or roasted nuts.
- Wild rice - not really a variety of rice, and the collection of grass seed.It takes more time to process, but has bright flavor.Rich in protein and other nutrients.