Many people think that the removal of the patient's tooth - it is a simple procedure, but in fact it is a real surgical procedure, which causes stress in the body and can lead to postoperative complications.For example, after removal becomes swollen cheek, indicating that the inflammatory process has begun.
cause of inflammation cheeks can become complicated removal, in which tissues have been affected by the neighboring teeth and gums hurt or so may occur an allergic reaction to some medications used during tooth extraction.The wound in the gum too often prone to inflammation, which leads to swelling of the cheeks.
dealt with the causes and what to do and how to deal with this nuisance in the home?
Methods for treating swollen cheek after tooth
- The easiest and safest way to remove the tumor can be called a cold compress.This method not only removes the swelling and relieve the pain and, and stop the bleeding.To do this, the rubber hot-water bottle with cool water or water-wet towel is applied tothe cheek.Compress hold 20 minutes, periodically changing the cold compress.This procedure can be repeated many times until complete recovery.
- For the treatment of edema can also use the necessary medication in the form of ointments and gels.The tool must be applied to the outside of the cheek according to the instructions.Such ointments and also possess analgesic properties.
- to accelerate the process of wound closure and attenuation of pain during the first days after the removal of physical activity should be avoided.It is better to relax, read a book or listen to relaxing music.If the pain does not subside, you can take a one-time analgesic or anti-inflammatory drug.
- in the fight against tooth pain and swelling of the cheek to help ordinary green tea and sage.Herbs brewed in equal proportions, give a little brew.Strained broth mixed with sodium chloride (0.5 ch. L.) And conduct frequent mouthwash.
- very effectively relieves swelling collection of herbs: sage should prepare, Russian yellow card, feverweed ploskolisty.Each herb take two tablespoons, and insist in 300 ml of vodka or boiling water.This means rinsed the oral cavity to 10 times per day.In the case of acute toothache make lotions to the aching tooth of the cotton swab moistened with this infusion.
- Excellent stops inflammation of propolis.It should be chewed slowly, slowly swallowing.It is also possible to prepare a 5% alcoholic extract (used only 70% ethyl alcohol) and it periodically lubricate inflamed gums.
If swelling of the cheeks for a long time does not pass, you should not self-medicate, and even more so taking antibiotics.By their actions, you can simply make the situation worse, and only harm your health.In this case, be sure to seek medical help.