Ascorbic acid (in common "askorbinka") - a storehouse of vitamin C, which is an essential active component participating in the restoration of biochemical processes in the body and affect the nervous system, improves the immune system, is a powerful antioxidant.
Foods rich in ascorbic acid
use of some natural food enough to make up for the daily requirement of vitamin C for the proper functioning of the organism as a whole.These include:
- buckthorn, wild rose, wild garlic, black currants;
- oranges, tangerines, kiwi, apples, melon;
- bell peppers, Brussels sprouts, tomatoes;
- spinach, watercress, parsley, dill.
Key indicators for use
However, if you have health problems, it is recommended to use a concentrated ascorbic acid (pills, vitamins) prescribed by a doctor in the amounts indicated for the following medical records:
- colds (respiratory) infections;
- bleeding gums, shakiness teeth, inflammation after surgery;
- vitamin deficiencies in the winter-spring period;
- pregnancy or lactation;
- anxiety and poor sleep, malaise.
daily dose of vitamin C for an adult male is 0.9 g, women - 0.75 However, the figure may increase depending on the state of health and the root causes of disease, and for people involved in heavy physicallabor force in the profession, or athletes, which is very important to quickly restore power to keep yourself in shape.
Despite all the positive aspects, there is the danger of an overdose of ascorbic acid for a healthy person with a long reception of more than 0.9 g, it is possible especially in young children, who often overeat it, seeing as the sweet candy.In case of overdose, there are serious, serious consequences for the organism as a whole, for example:
- disruption of intestinal-digestive tract (stomach pain, heartburn, nausea, flatulence, upset chairs, repeated vomiting);
- disruption of the heart and adrenal glands (atrophy);
- occurrence of allergic reactions in the form of rashes, itching of the skin;
- the menstrual cycle in women;
- fatigue, dizziness, insomnia.
Uncontrolled reception seemingly harmless ascorbic acid is dangerous for people suffering from diabetes, cataracts, with increased blood clotting and pregnant women, as there is a high probability of congenital abnormalities in children, or even rejection of the fetus (miscarriage).A lethal dose of vitamin C is 20-50 g
Undoubtedly, ascorbic acid is a useful substance for the human body, giving strength and energy in the late autumn, in winter and spring due to vitamin C, but everything should be in moderation.Abuse of concentrated vitamins danger to life, especially for pregnant women and children!