Contact lenses are devices created from transparent materials tailored specifically to fit over the eye.Today there are three main types of these products: corrective, decorative and decorative corrective.This article will focus on the selection of corrective lenses, as they are a medical device, and suggest daily use.This is because the low-quality or incorrectly matched lenses can lead to several complications.
Possible negative effects of wearing contact lenses
- Diseases infectious nature and the subsequent development of inflammatory processes, such as conjunctivitis.
- Allergies of all kinds.
- Violations of functions caused by hypoxia, ie lack of oxygen supply to the eye cornea.Sometimes hypoxia may induce irreversible germination vessels in the cornea.
- damage to the mechanical nature that may occur, usually due to incorrect sizing lenses.
Most experts agree that, subject to the size and the right to wear, which are attached to the product, the safest for the eyes are one-day lenses, and it i
- Day silicone hydrogel contact lenses.They have a high cost and practically made for mass sales.
- Reusable silicone hydrogel contact lenses.
- Day hydrogel lens having a water content greater than 50%.Reusable
- hydrogel lens having a water content greater than 50%.
However, the main indicator of quality is not a place of contact lenses in the ranking, and compliance with the recommendations of their choice, which will be given below as to ignore these instructions, even when buying the most expensive and high-quality products can cause irreparable damage to your eyes.
recommendations for choosing the right lenses
- Assign wearing lenses and pick up the necessary diopters can only ophthalmologist.It is worth noting that the quality of the right and left eyes may be different.In this regard it is important to purchase lenses of different sphere power, measured in diopters.
- When a batch or continuous wear lenses need to visit an ophthalmologist annually for the initial examination.
- It is important to choose the right size, so the larger the product will reduce the access of oxygen to the cornea, and smaller - create friction and can trigger mechanical damage and inflammatory processes.
- When excessive contact lenses with water (for example, swimming) should be replaced by a fresh pair.
addition, it is important to strictly observe the instruction manual that came with your contact lenses.