Cholesterol - is produced in the liver fat is necessary for normal body function.It is located in the outer layer of cells in the body and performs a variety of functions.For example, it allows technicians to determine what insight in cell membranes.
In addition, it:
- responsible for the formation of sex hormones;
- involved in the production of corticosterone, cortisol and aldosterone (a hormone released by the adrenal glands);
- convert sunlight into vitamin D;
- skid insulation helps nerves;
- participates in the metabolism of B vitamins A, E, K and others.
normal level of cholesterol in the body the stronger sex is not more than 6 mmol / l.Otherwise, it may contribute to the development of atherosclerosis.Determined by analyzing the level of blood biochemistry.During the specialist takes blood from a finger or a vein.Donating it requires only an empty stomach.
Signs of high cholesterol in men
When elevated cholesterol man should immediately begin to deal with this problem and all possible ways
- pain in the heart (angina);
- and yellowish white deposits under the skin of different sizes, and some stains on its surface;
- yellowing of the skin around the eyes;
- painful sensations in the legs, as in running and walking.
for self-diagnosis of high cholesterol in the body of the man in the first place you should pay attention on xanthelasma and xanthoma (white and yellow points under the skin) as well as other symptoms may be indicative of other diseases.This directly cholesterol deposits.They may appear in the eyelids and on other parts of the face and body.
also featured high cholesterol levels in men can be attributed to an early gray hair.If a young representative of the stronger sex have begun to turn gray hair, he should pass the relevant tests.
All other signs may indicate not only about high cholesterol, but also other diseases.They are not guarantees of the problem and can be confirmed only after a survey among experts.These include:
- narrowing of the coronary arteries of the heart;
- blood clots and rupture of blood vessels, which can lead to stroke;
- rupture of plaques that can lead to heart failure;
- memory impairment;
- pain in the heart.
Quite often elevated cholesterol in men does not manifest itself.The problem is detected only at the time of the survey.That is why it is important to regularly take the necessary tests and specify the level of cholesterol.
diseases that improve cholesterol levels in men
There are several diseases that lead to increased blood cholesterol.Among them:
- myocardial infarction.The heart muscle dies due to a lack of oxygen and blood to it.
- Atherosclerosis.During clogged artery.
- coronary heart disease.With its high risk of damaging the artery responsible for the delivery of oxygen and blood to the heart.
- Angina.When this problem in the heart muscle goes bad blood.
- stroke or mini-stroke.The blood clot covers the flow to the brain.It can also block the artery or vein.
- other diseases of the heart and blood vessels.
the stronger sex is very important to carefully monitor the level of cholesterol in the blood.As soon as there has been the slightest deviation from the norm, you should immediately take action.